Monday, May 17, 2021

The Projects that Never Were

I recently stumbled upon a blogpost by Edmund McMillen about all the projects that never were, and I've always found it fascinating... so I guess I'll rip it off.
Unlike McMillen's blogposts, however, most of these lack any sort of screenshots.

Karrion Killer 2
I still have hope this one will happen for halloween 2021, so I won't talk too much about it. Some changes, some new stuff, but I wanted to kinda innovate on what Karrion Killer did, just by changing up the way some stuff worked to be more fun.
Boss fights might work here too... I dunno.

Tunneler
Tunneler never got very far, but I'm working on something of a revival of the original concept. You just dug tunnels underground, and tried to survive in a subterranean environment.

Paf
Paf was another French-language RPGMaker game I was working on briefly about a little caveman named Paf. I was trying to make something that had a large Fallout-esque world in a Zelda 1 structure, but it never really got far before I gave up.

Boil King
A Pokemon-type RPG I was making out of my frustration with Monster Crown scrapping most of my work without telling me.
It ended up a bit too ambitious in some areas, but I'd like to try making it properly sometime in the future: my ideas for the game were pretty good in my opinion, and I think it could be done quite well if I had the spare time to dedicate to such a large-scale game.
Paf was kind of a test for the overworld system I was going to use here.
Unlike most other Pokemon-esque indies, I was more influenced by Fossil Fighters and Fallout New Vegas. You needed to find each mutant out in some area of the wild before recruiting it, and the only "infinite" monsters you could use were human slaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home